Virtual Events have been gaining a lot of popularity in today’s scenario. But this was not the case before. Ever wondered why?
Things were not so easy and straightforward earlier. Virtual events were not so fun and big trouble to work with. But today things have changed, they have become simpler to understand and work with. They are easy to organise, customisable and are highly interactive. It is way more beneficial to organise a virtual event.
The virtual event fosters the interactive environment of a physical event. The most significant advantage of the virtual world, in general, is its convenience. It is quick, easier and cheaper. Same goes with virtual events. They are very convenient for the attendees as well as the organisers.
Virtual events have become prominent in this tech-savvy world because not only you can host it anywhere or anytime, but it is cost-effective, time-saving and highly engaging, especially for the customers who are interested in your brand. Nowadays, people get to know things in just a few seconds. Digital marketing is growing at a fast pace. You can increase the reach of your virtual event through digital marketing. There are various benefits of digital marketing, such as: –
Low cost: Digital marketing offers a more affordable alternative to the traditional method. They create high impact and still cost less.
Huge Return on Investment: As already mentioned before, digital marketing is way cheaper than traditional marketing. It requires a small investment but offers huge returns. It costs little in email marketing or running advertising campaigns on social media platforms compared to conventional techniques.
Easy to measure: Digital marketing helps you to keep track of your performance almost immediately. Google Analytics allows you to measure specific goals to be achieved on a website or blog. Google AdWords manager you to monitor the performance of your ads on Google search. You can know the number of people viewed the ads and learn about the conversion rates.
Easy to adjust: In traditional marketing, it is difficult to pull down a campaign not performing well. While in digital marketing, you can do it with ease, the ads not delivering as expected can be adjusted accordingly or stopped altogether.
Brand development: Digital platforms help build a company’s brand and performance. A well-developed website, a good quality blog and articles, an interactive social media channel enable a business to build its brand.
Easy to share: Through digital marketing channels campaigns and articles can be easily shared with multiple followers, and then it shared further.
Precise targeting: Digital marketing platforms allow targeted campaigning where ads are presented to customers based on their initial action or preferences. This help to further cut down on cost and increase the likelihood of sales.
Global: Digital marketing allows your campaigns or ads to be visible in part of the world. It gives you a platform to go global and provides immense exposure.
Segmentation: using digital platforms, you can further segment your customers based on gender or location. Segmentation increases the chances of sales as it helps you to target the right audience.
Greater engagement: Digital marketing platforms allow you to have continuous engagement with your audience. It allows you to answer customer questions, remove misconceptions and even generate sales. It enables you to hold the attention of your customer while building a credible reputation.
Of course, generating leads and establishing business identity is important through virtual events. Nevertheless, you can’t ignore the customers because they too are looking for knowledge and information, which is something interesting for them and adds value.
Event planning comes with a lot of problems. There comes a lot of situation where organising a live event is just not possible. Here comes the advantage of virtual events: –
- One of the most important benefits of virtual events is that they are cheaper. Organising and creating a virtual set up is easier and cheaper than having a real one.
- Saves time: – A virtual event does not require the organisers or the attendees to travel in order to attend the event. They can have a real-time interaction from the comfort of their houses. This helps to cut cost and save time.
- Virtual events expand your audience reach. If you are planning to host an event where you want people from different geographic locations, then virtual events are a better option.
- Apart from the monetary benefits, virtual events require much fewer efforts and time.
In virtual events, people have this misconception that they won’t get ample opportunities to interact, meet and network with new people from the industry. But in today’s scenario, you would be surprised by the benefits of virtual events.
Virtual events allow attendees to interact and network just as smoothly as in the case of live events. Given the technology and tools provided, the attendees know who they are interacting with, and they can do it just as well.
Event analytics are also simplified with virtual events. Since the attendees register online, virtual event platforms allow you to track their activities, providing you with lots of useful event data.
Now, if you are looking for pro suggestions and tips to make your every virtual event a successful one, then you need to check the listed tips and tricks!
1. Choose the topic carefully: – Choose a topic for your event, which is relevant. It should be of the audience’s interest. Your topic must be familiar to all your audience as they will enable them to interact. To know about the interest of your audience from before you can send out a survey or ask in social media as to which topic, they would like to know about.
2. Decide on the format for you event: – Make sure that your event is interactive. Your virtual event can be in many formats. It can be a seminar with just one person taking the stage, or it can be with more people like a workshop. You can also create a personalised theme which includes a visually attractive background and an easy-to-use navigation system.
3. Choose the best date and time: – Choosing the right date and time is important for hosting any event. You have to make sure that there is no competitive event or holiday on the date you have selected. Consider time zones too. If you are planning to have a global event, choose a time which is suitable for all and work for as many people as possible.
4. Know your audience: – you have to have a clear knowledge about your target audience in general. This way, you can interact with them effectively. To collect information about your audience, you can send out a survey or start a discussion, ask them questions such as their interests, knowledge about the subject area, familiarity with social media and many more.
5. Choosing a Platform: – There are various live streaming platforms to conduct an event such as Facebook Livestream, YouTube Live, Instagram Live, Zoom or Hangout Meet. It depends on your personal preference, as most platforms offer the same basic features.
6. Market your Event: – Virtual events need to be marketed in order to make people aware of it. Social media is a great platform to do so. Digital marketing gives immense exposure and allows you to reach globally. Social media posts advertise your events and further increases your reach. Share the details of your event over email or on social media.
7. Prepare yourself for any technical issues: – Check your internet connection and your speakers and mic as well. Create backups for your presentation in case your file goes missing.
8. Be well prepared: – Your audience might be a pro or an expert in the topic you are talking about. Make sure that all your facts are clear and you answer all the doubts and questions of the people. Be polite and appreciate every speaker.
9. Engagement: – You need to create opportunities for your audience to engage. The more your audience is engaged, the more they are hooked to your event till the last. A fun interactive event makes your event a success. You can ask your audience to comment on the questions or use the chat toolbox. Encourage live-tweeting, take requests and suggestions of your audience or you can simply shout-out names as people join in. At the end of the event, ask your audience to give feedback.
10. Repurpose your virtual event: – Once your live stream is over, you can repurpose the event video, edit it, cut short and post the important parts on your social media. This will help you interact with more audience and increase your video reach and easily accessible.
These were some of the tips to help you host a successful virtual event. Livestreaming an event is more doable than ever in the information age. Take advantage of this technological breakthrough to build your audience and make your brand. Now, if you are looking for more tips to help you out with your virtual event and make it successful, then you can get in touch with DIGIDZN. We are a digital marketing firm with an incredible team providing online marketing services in order to help you make your event or business success.