One of our clients, who deals in cellular network sim cards, regularly generates hundreds of leads on their website. We optimized the landing page for the client by adding relevant keywords. This helped us to reach the exact target audience and made a customer base for the client. We also diverted all the traffic from diverse social platforms to the website of the client in order to maximize conversion chances.
A website is a brand’s most valuable sales and marketing asset, so as a marketer one should utilize its lead generation potential. The design of your website directly affects how you connect with potential customers and convert them into sales. Simple, easy to understand and navigating content is important along with a captivating call-to-action that begins the building connection process with the consumer. Most websites only need some strategic changes in order to convert the usual website into a lead generation machine.
1. Have an updated website
The first step to getting more website leads is a working and updated website. Your website needs to be easy to navigate and the content should be of high quality. The first thing people see to know the story about your brand/business is your website. Once a page loads a user forms an opinion about your business in 0.05 seconds. It is essential to make a good impression in such a short span of time. The website should be updated according to the current website trends etc.
2. Set up a Google Analytics account
It is important to set up Google Analytics connected to your website. It gives you the information about your website – page visitors, referral platforms, unique users, bounce rate etc. It's a free platform which makes you aware of the various platforms from where the traffic is arriving on your website, their favourite pages to visit, the daily number of visitors etc.
3. Get to know your audience
Knowing the visitors to your website is a vital step and key to generating leads. With the help of Google Analytics, you are able to know audience and behavior insights. Your goal is that the people who are visiting your website should be equivalent to or include your target audience. Once you have this data, you can gain even more insight into the location of the viewers, devices used by users, popular pages, and referral sources. Keep in mind that not every person that visits your website is going to be in your target audience. Here are some of the changes you need to make if 3/4th of the visitors are not part of your target audience -
- Your content isn’t capturing the attention of the right people. Take some time to evaluate your website content. Recheck and notice whether it is tailored according to what is preferred by and motivates the target audience.
- The keywords on your website aren’t what your target audience is searching for to find the product /service. It’s important to update your keywords to improve your SEO ranking.
- Do a quick rechecking of your current customer base. Some of them might be similar to your website viewers. The common part (subset)of these people might have another audience that you are not considering in your marketing initiatives. The people who recently became our customers might have started to check our content online on our website also. You could always discover a new customer base with the help of the internet and social media platforms too.
- For Example, teenage girls recently saw scrunchies trending on social media trends, so first, they became your customer through social media -IG store and then they followed your website.
4. Capture more leads with forms
Adding forms to your website is an important way to capture organic and more qualified leads. The lead forms can be as simple formats such as a contact us or learn more form, or they could be gated content (content that a person needs to fill out a form to access). By adding forms to your website, you are giving website viewers something to perform on the website -a call to action. When adding forms to your website, it is important that you ask for the right information and a sufficient amount of data. The fewer fields of the form, the higher your conversion rate will be.
5. Add strong CTAs on your pages
A Call-to-action (CTA) guides your website readers on what action you want them to take while visiting their website. Some common examples are try for free, read more, sign up now, and download. It's important to have a concise and clear CTA. You should make it easy for the reader to know the next step on your website with the help of CTA.
A successful CTA is all about correct placement which is appealing to the eye and is of brief length. It should be short and crisp. The top right corner of the website menu or bottom of a page are suitable places to add some CTA buttons.
6. Drive people back to the Website
It is important to direct people back to your website for maximum information about the brand /organization. Drive people back to your website from different social media marketing channels.
Here are a few different ways you can divert traffic from diverse channels to your website -
- Social media: Run ad campaigns and post content on social media that provide a call to action, linking back to your website.
- Blogs: Blogging can help you to establish yourself as a top ranker on the search result page in your industry as this can boost your SEO and ultimately gain more traffic to your website as the more relevant keywords you have in your blogs, the more the chance you have of diverting greater traffic towards your website.
- Email marketing: Always include the website link in your emails. Most people add it in their email footer or on their personal signature along with the social media links.
- SEO: perform keyword research to see what keywords your audience is searching for and are significant currently in your industry.